1. What is tithing?
“Tithe” means “a tenth part.”
2. What is the difference between a Tithe and an Offering?
A “tithe” is giving the first tenth of my income.
An “offering” is anything I give in addition to my tithe.
3. Why should I tithe?
Because God commands it:
“A tenth of all you produce is the Lord’s.”
Because Jesus commended it:
“Yes, you should tithe, and you shouldn’t leave the more important things undone either.”
4. Tithing demonstrates that God has first place in my life.
“The purpose of tithing is to teach you to always put God in first place in your life.”
Deuteronomy 14:23 LB
5. Tithing reminds me that everything I have was given to me by God!
“Always remember that it is the Lord your God who gives you the ability to produce wealth.”
6. Tithing expresses my love to the Lord.
“Each of you should bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you.”
7. God says that refusing to tithe is stealing from Him!
“God says ‘Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing me!’ But you ask, ‘How do we rob you?’ God says ‘In tithes and offerings ... Bring your whole tithe to My house.’”
8. Tithing gives God a chance to prove He exists and wants to bless you!
“Bring your whole tithe to My storehouse. Test me in this” says the Lord, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you won’t have room enough for it!
9. What should I tithe?
The first part of what I earn.
“Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income.”
10. Where should I give my Tithe?
Where I worship. “Bring your whole tithe to My Storehouse (Temple).”
11. When should I Tithe?
“On the first day of every week, set aside some of what you have earned and give it as an offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn.”
1 Corinthians 16:2 LB